Be Careful On Facebook


I posted this on Facebook this morning:

* * * Something weird

I have Facebook "friends" whom I don't know. This morning, one of them posted something in terrible English and hardly a word spelled correctly. I questioned "her" and she came back with comments in even worse English. I went to her site and all the posts there were in correct English, so I messaged her asking if she had posted the post in question which I gave her the link to. She answered that she did. And her answer was in terrible English.

Still scratching my head about this - I went back to her site and looked at her friends and family members. I clicked on a couple family members and their sites are bogus. So I unfriended "her."

The name on her site was a very traditional American name, and that's what threw me off.

Don't ever accept a friend request without checking the person's site. When it's bogus, there won't be many posts, and most of the posts will be pictures of the person and not much else.

I don't know the purpose of people who create fake sites. Why would they do that? What's in it for them? I get friend requests from people like that every single day.

UPDATE:
Some of my friends who responded to this suggested that I block her. I hadn't thought of that so I went back to her site to do so ..... and found that IT'S BEEN TAKEN DOWN!!!

NOW WHAT DO I DO?

Now I'm wondering if I have other fake "friends" on my Facebook account. I have more than 3,700 "friends," it would be a nightmare to go to each one to find the bogus ones. I did vet each and every one before accepting their friend request, that's why I was so shocked when this fake one became apparent.

No comments: