A Meditation This Morning - The Restrainer


I was listening to a clip Jan Markell played by Mark Levin who so accurately described what's going on in our world, in our country, in the government, in "the powers that be." And as I listened and realized the depths of wickedness against us, against our God, against our government, against our society, my heart grew heavier and heavier as he made it so clear - what we're up against. I actually felt sick.

I went to the Lord, and from him I remembered that we're not up against human enemies, we're up against human plants in society who so willingly carry out the will and plots of the "principalities, powers, the rulers of the darkness of this age, against spiritual hosts of wickedness in the heavenly places."  Ephesians 6:12

From pondering that for awhile, I grew in understanding just exactly what "the restrainer" is. I saw it so clearly.

"For the mystery of lawlessness is already at work;
only he who now restrains will do so
until he is taken out of the way."
2 Thessalonians 2:7

From there my mind went to the horrible thought of what this society will become when that restrainer is "taken out of the way." Can you imagine it? The only thing resisting the forces of evil in our world is our voice - the voice of God-fearing people, the voice that restrains the evil from destroying all that is good.

But ...the day will come when our voice and our work, the "restrainer" - - - will be removed. Imagine it. Imagine the goals of the lying, murderous, perverse force of evil - being given full sway with nothing to stop it.

That's what it will be like when the restrainer is removed. What a picture of horror.

We cannot comprehend the depths of evil that will be unleashed in the world when we are gone.

As I prayed about it, I realized that the evil one also has a "restrainer," forcing the restraint of our voices and our work. And as I thought on that, I understood that the only way we can function successfully ...is through prayer.

Friends, this is a spiritual battle, not a battle against flesh and blood, but a battle against the one empowering them. He is a fallen angel, far superior to us in understanding. Our only weapon against him is prayer. The only way our work can function in the POWER needed is from spending time with God and receiving from HIM the power we need to work while we can. Because:

"...the night is coming when no one can work."
John 9:4 

No comments: