When God Doesn't Heal


One day as I was walking home the Lord suddenly said to me, "I'm not going to heal you in this lifetime but I'm going to bless you all around it and I want you to enjoy those blessings." That was years ago and to this day I remember the words verbatim.

I have a condition, two actually, which greatly restricts me. But it's been the thing that has given me to understand, at least in my case, why the Lord would not heal. I was thinking on this yesterday. Later when I was working in my blogs I realized that if God had healed me, I would not have been home working on the computer - and I would not have created more than 30 blogs, nor would I be putting the Gospel out there all around the world every single day. That realization shocked me. God can use me in the greatest way by leaving me unhealed.

This is only my case, but I believe God has a reason each time he does not heal. It could be something as basic as our maturity process, which applies to me also - doesn't matter - it just shocked me when I realized what I've been doing all these days unhealed and wouldn't have done if he had healed me.

No comments: