Understanding It Makes All The Difference In The World


I've had a few very frustrating days, but I didn't connect the dots until this morning. Nothing of a serious nature, but a constant barrage of aggravations. I opened a pill bottle, something seemed to hit my arm and the pills spilled all over the place. I had to get down on my knees to collect them all and put them back in the bottle. I was putting raspberry preserves on my toast, something seemed to hit my arm and the bottle fell spilling raspberry preserves all over the counter, down the cupboard doors, on the floor, AND, all over me. This morning I put water into a bowl and something seemed to hit my arm, and the water spilled all over the counter, in and around everything I had on the counter. I've tripped, almost fell twice, I've had numerous aggravations on the computer, and the list goes on, and on, and on, and on. There's more because the harassment has been ongoing, but I've made my point.

When I reached maximum steam coming out of my ears and nose, I said to the Lord, "why, Lord???" not expecting an answer. I speak to the Lord all day, this wasn't really wanting an answer (I actually didn't think there WAS an answer) but I was just expressing my frustration to the Lord who is always with me.

Well an answer came. For the past three days I've been preparing a series of posts on Halloween, exposing what it really is, and encouraging parents to put an end to "celebrating it." Now ...it all makes sense.

It reminds me of when I was working at the International Christian Embassy in Jerusalem. Every year we brought upwards of 5,000 people from all over the world to celebrate the Feast of Tabernacles. That's 5,000+ people gathering in Jerusalem to worship Jesus Christ. Each year, as we were working leading up to the celebration, suddenly the computers would go down, the printer wouldn't print, anything electronic would give us troubles. People would get sick. I connected those dots and brought what I saw to the leaders at the Embassy, but they didn't receive it. Every year the trouble increased, until in my last year there - three people who had come as volunteers had to go home because of unexpected deaths in the family. To this day, I don't think anyone was able to see the correlation between non-stop attacks as we brought thousands to worship Jesus Christ in Jerusalem.

So, it helps to understand when you CAN connect the dots between harassment and what you happen to be doing in service to the Lord. We have to remember that Satan is "the god of this world" (2 Corinthians 4:4) who hates Jesus Christ and all who will serve him. And if you're planning on serving him in Jerusalem, that's a big time cause for demonic harassment. Or ...if you're exposing the truth about Satan's chief holiday, Halloween, you should know in advance that you're not going to get away with it without attacks to wear you down.

Well he can attack all he wants. It might tire me out, but I will NOT cease in my service to my King.

No comments: