Going Back To Blogger


Well I've decided to go back to Blogger. After more than two years at Wordpress, I became so irritated with what I CAN'T do with my Wordpress blogs, that the day came when I decided it's just not worth it and I'm going back to Blogger.

The reason I went to Wordpress in the first place was that Blogger up and deleted one of my blogs. I had no recourse, they just deleted it. So I abandoned the Blogger blogs and tried something new with Wordpress.

But with Wordpress you have to work within the limits of their templates. That means you have to go with the fonts they provide and you can't change the font sizes. Then there's the inability to determine whether or not to print the date of a post. The template says "Posted on..." and if you don't set it to post the date, it leaves that glaringly blank on the screen. I like the date printed in my daily-update blogs, but I have several which are stand-alone and timeless, but each post is going to have that blank "Posted on..." field and I can't live with that. A partially worded blank field is not something I can live with. AND - there are SO MANY other problems with Wordpress. I'll probably make a list of them and do a really detailed post for anyone trying to decided to go to Wordpress, but not today, I'm way too busy.

Basically the problem with Wordpress is that you can't access the HTML, and that's huge. That's the big thing - the need to be able to access and make changes in the HTML. Can't do it in Wordpress. Oh, you can - with the paid versions - but I'd have to pay monthly FOR EACH blog I created there - and no one on earth could afford to do that.

Blogger does not have those restrictions and Blogger allows access to the HTML.

I'm not going to delete my Wordpress blogs, I'll leave them up. Who knows, I may go back there from time to time. But my daily work is going to be in Blogger from now on.

Funny - now that I'm working in Blogger I see that all the posts I have there are very old of course. So I'm in the process of updating the blogs. Time consuming, but I love doing this stuff anyway.

If  you'd like to take a look, here's the URL. It's only showing the first few blogs I've updated, I'm far from getting these all done. Still, I have accomplished a lot in just a few days.

https://alongemausroad.blogspot.com/


No comments: