A Diet That Works!


Well I'm in my 10th week of Keto and I've lost 18 pounds.

You know ...

I did this once before but didn't stick with it and the reason is that I did it without understanding the science behind it. I DID NOT KNOW that sugar is poison - except for natural sugars in fruits. Also, I DID NOT KNOW about the chemicals they put in almost all packaged foods, be it cans, cartons, boxes, or plastic. And if I had read the labels on those products, it wouldn't have meant anything to me because I had no idea what they meant.

Of course ...I put that weight back on and then some, but I didn't understand why that was. I thought I was eating pretty low-calorie foods - you know, "low fat" and "lite" everything - so how was I continuing to gain? And so ...

I did what I always do when I'm overwhelmed with something. I asked God.

Long story short ...

When the Lord gets involved it changes everything. I was at a place of powerlessness and I asked him one night if he wanted me fat. Maybe the idea of losing weight was vanity? And if that's why I haven't been able to succeed in this, then I finally ...accept that.

The next morning....

Again ...long story short...

He answered me. It's not about vanity, it's about health. I was poisoning my body with "low-fat" and 'lite" foods, and I had no idea.

You know ...they always told us that the most detrimental thing to health was fat in foods. Well come to find out ...that was NOT TRUE. The most detrimental thing to health is twofold: 1. sugar and 2. chemicals they put in prepared foods.

I was shocked. I had been doing exactly the opposite from what I should have been doing. The Lord brought understanding to me through doctors who support the "ketogenic" diet, which is the exact opposite from what mainstream doctors espouse. The exact opposite from what all the people believe who cannot lose (and keep off) weight.

I think I've listened to a trillion videos now, and now that I understand the facts, I've reset my attitude to doing the exact opposite of what I've tried to do for years. And the proof is in the pudding ....week 10 and I've lost 18 pounds. And now that I understand WHY I couldn't do it before, I'll keep it off this time - by the grace of God.

The keto diet is a total change of the way you eat. At first it sounds restrictive because you eliminate all the bad stuff and you have to train your mind to understand that what was good is really bad, and what "they" said was bad is really good. As it turns out, I really love the foods I CAN eat. All the meat you want. Eggs. Cheese. Nuts. Berries, and so much more.

I created a keto site where I've posted the videos that helped me the most. I'm hoping it will encourage others who, like me, have yo-yoed for years and just never succeeded in the battle. Kinda reminds me of a Scripture verse, "My people perish for lack of knowledge." (Hosea 4:6)

I won't lie to you - it isn't easy. It's not easy to totally change the way you've eaten for years. But it's do-able, especially if you ask God for help. That changes everything.

Here's the link:
https://nowonderwegotfat.blogspot.com/


No comments: