A Praise Report


The Lord does this all the time with me...

Whatever I read in the Bible in the morning, I'll hear the very same passage again later in the day from someone, somewhere. What makes it remarkable (to me) is that He even "confirms" his approval when I'm in a non-popular passage, for example deep into Numbers or Leviticus. Who would ever expect to hear on the same day a passage I just read in the morning from a little-referenced passage deep within the Old Testament??? I just chuckle when I hear a little-known verse from someone somewhere, and it's the very same verse that was in my reading today. It never ceases to amaze me how God does that.

Well this time he has done it again in a different way. Yesterday I unintentionally got into a long and hard debate on Facebook on the subject of idolatry in the Catholic church. The person coming against me called me every name in the book and every response of hers was filled with vitriol. I didn't get into the "ad hominem" mindset, I mostly just posted Scripture that answered everything she said. This took place over several hours and when I signed out I was exhausted. And then she unfriended me. No surprise there.

So this morning I get up and when I went online and looked at the youtube videos from sites that I subscribe to, up popped a man speaking on the very thing that happened yesterday. He also did not go into "ad hominem" attacks, but presented the arguments against Catholicism in a very scholarly way and I knew, I just knew that it was a confirmation from the Lord, a hug from my Father, because he always does that. I don't remember the last time I saw a youtube video about Catholicism, I'm not subscribed to any anti-Catholic sites. This was what many would call a huge coincidence, but because the Lord does this so often, I knew it was from him and was greatly comforted.

We walk a very hard and sometimes painful walk when we take a stand on anything unpopular. We walk with a bulls-eye on our backs. But it is SO encouraging when the Lord comes back with a confirmation. It says he's watching, and he's involved. It just makes my day and enables me to absorb the fiery darts from the enemy.

Thank you, Father God!

* * * NOTE: An "ad-hominem" attack is when instead of responding to what you say, they attack you personally. When someone attacks the person rather than the message.

No comments: