Let The World Be The World


I was on the phone arguing with a manager about a fee I felt he was unjustly demanding that I pay. I wasn't raising my voice or being impolite, I was not using any bad language, I was just expressing my argument that the fee was unjust. He would not relent. So when I got off the phone, I was angry. Very angry.

Then ... the Lord spoke to my heart. He said, "Don't I give you enough?"

What???

Those words changed my life.

I realized that first of all, I had enough to pay the fee and then some. But more-so, the thought in my  mind was "Let the world be the world."

Let the world be the world.

For me, life-changing words, because a wealth of understanding was imparted to me with those words.

I no longer resent it when the world acts like the world. I don't like it, but I understand it. The world IS going to be the world ...period. That's not going to change ....that CAN'T change.

But my life:

"Set your mind on things above, not on things on the earth.
For you died, and your life is hidden with Christ in God."
Colossians 3:2-3

My life is hidden in  Christ. What a profound revelation.

Thank you Lord for making me truly understand these words. They have changed my life.

No comments: